Bag Sizes and Volume of Substrates
Q: What are your bag sizes?
A: The size of the bags are as follows:
- Grain: (one and two pounds) is bagged in 4x3x18 gusseted mycobags made from 3 mil polypropylene.
- Compost / bulk substrate: (five and ten pounds) is bagged in 10x5x24 gusseted mycobags made from 3 mil polypropylene.
- Kits: are bagged in 5x4x18 gusseted mycobags made from 3 mil polypropylene.
Q: What is the volume of you substrate bags? How many quarts are they?
A: These are rough amounts and are the amounts of the substrates in their loosened uncompressed form. Our compost is compressed in blocks for easier shipping but should be uncompressed and aerated before inoculating with grain spawn.
- One pound bags are approximately 2.5” high x 4.5” wide x 4” deep 24 FL oz. in volume, equal to 3-4 ½ pint jars
- Two pound bags are approximately 5” high x 4.5” wide x 4” deep 48 FL oz. in volume, equal to 6-8 ½ pint jars
- 10 pounds = 9 quarts
- 5 pounds = 4.5 quarts
7.5’' high x 6'' wide x 4'' deep, which is 180 cubic inches, or 3.17 quarts.
Located East Of Cincinnati, Ohio
1002 Heiserman Rd
Milford, Ohio 45150
Monday thru Friday: 10am - 4pm